Windstorm Inspection Program - Education
- Windstorm Main Page
- Independent Wind and Wood Engineering Education
- The Texas Department of Insurance and The Texas Board of Professional Engineers Seminar
- Working Groups
Public Education Seminars
These are the current public Education classes offered by the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI). If one of the classes or any other type of Education on the Building specification adopted by the TDI is beneficial to your community, please contact the Engineering Services Section manager.
Independent Engineering Education
The following classes and seminars have course material relevant to wood design engineering and/or high wind design. This listing is not intended to be complete, nor is it an endorsement by TDI to any of the organizations presenting the material.
- March 20, 2014, McAllen Convention Center. Free High Wind Design & Construction Workshop. Details
Texas Department of Insurance and Texas Board of Professional Engineers Seminar regarding the Windstorm Inspection Process
The Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) and the Texas Board of Professional Engineers (TBPE) are working to address recent statutory changes to the Qualified Windstorm Inspector process and the Texas Engineering Practice Act.
On December 6th and 7th, 2011, staff from TDI and TBPE conducted presentations to discuss law and rule changes and to answer questions about engineering and windstorm inspections. In addition, TDI provided an instructional session on windstorm inspection requirements and answered questions.
- TDI Presentation (PDF)
- TBPE Presentation (PDF)
- Attendees for the 12/6/11 Corpus Christi Event (PDF)
- Attendees for the 12/7/11 Houston Event (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions - November 3, 2011 (PDF)
- Language of Bill
- TBPE Homepage
For more information contact:
Last updated: 03/07/2014