Fire Safety Inspections
On January 1, 2013, the SFMO began fee-based inspections of buildings by request.
Fire Safety Inspections Services conducts fire safety inspections of public and private buildings and facilities throughout the state, including state buildings, daycare and elder-care centers, foster homes, hospitals, hotels and motels, university and college buildings, and other buildings upon request or complaint.
Inspections of storage, handling, and use of flammable liquids are conducted at retail service stations throughout the state.
To request an inspection, please send a message to FireInspection@tdi.texas.gov.
For more information about fire safety inspections, please contact Chief Inspector Susan Jarvis, 512-305-7943, email@example.com.
Fire Safety Inspections Information
- Which code does the State Fire Marshal's Office use for its inspections?
- The State Fire Marshal's Office is required to inspect buildings leased by state agencies. This State Fire Marshal's Notice more fully explains the SFMO's responsibilities and plans for coordination with local authorities in carrying out this mandate.
- Ammonium Nitrate in Texas: Resources and information regarding ammonium nitrate storage facilities in Texas.
- Fire Safety Notices Issued by the State Fire Marshal.
- Fire Safety for College Students. A program for campus and student fire safety.
- Foster Family Homes. Self evaluation checklist; information on compliance with fire alarm systems, fire sprinkler systems and fire inspection requirements; other home safety information.
- Reported State Agency and University Fires, by Fiscal Year. These reports include State owned and leased facilities.
- Rules and Statutes Regarding Inspections and Investigations.
For more information contact:
Last updated: 03/12/2014