Fire Safety Inspections
Fire Safety Inspections Services conducts fire safety inspections of public and private buildings and facilities throughout the state, including state buildings, daycare and elder-care centers, foster homes, hospitals, hotels and motels, university and college buildings, and other buildings upon request or complaint.
Inspections of storage, handling, and use of flammable liquids are conducted at retail service stations throughout the state.
Fire Safety Inspections Information
- Fee-Based Inspections
PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING: The State Fire Marshal will cancel requests for inspections in areas served by local agencies with certified inspectors. You must contact your local fire inspection authority to conduct your inspection, if applicable. Only the owner, tenant, or chief administrator of a building may request the inspection.
- Which code does the State Fire Marshal's Office use for its inspections?
- The State Fire Marshal's Office is required to inspect buildings leased by state agencies. This State Fire Marshal's Notice more fully explains the SFMO's responsibilities and plans for coordination with local authorities in carrying out this mandate.
- Ammonium Nitrate in Texas: Resources and information regarding ammonium nitrate storage facilities in Texas.
- Fire Safety Notices Issued by the State Fire Marshal.
- Fire Safety for College Students. A program for campus and student fire safety.
- Foster Family Homes. Self evaluation checklist; information on compliance with fire alarm systems, fire sprinkler systems and fire inspection requirements; other home safety information.
- Reported State Agency and University Fires, by Fiscal Year. These reports include State owned and leased facilities.
- Rules and Statutes Regarding Inspections and Investigations.
Annual Report Regarding Findings in Conducting Inspections
|Description||File Format||File Size|
|FY 2014 Annual Report Regarding Findings in Conducting Inspections||n/a|
|FY 2013 Annual Report Regarding Findings in Conducting Inspections||n/a|
|FY 2012 Annual Report Regarding Findings in Conducting Inspections||n/a|
|FY 2011 Annual Report Regarding Findings in Conducting Inspections||n/a|
For more information contact:
Last updated: 09/01/2015