Disability management is an integrated approach to optimizing health care and return to work outcomes for injured employees while serving the interests of all workers' compensation participants. Disability management strategies include Treatment Guidelines, Return to Work Guidelines and Preauthorization. Additional approaches to disability management include treatment planning, treatment protocols, employer return to work programs, case management and benchmarking.
- Website Posting of Appendix A, ODG Workers' Compensation Drug Formulary from the Official Disability Guidelines - Treatment in Workers' Comp (ODG) (PDF)
- Monthly Updates to Official Disability Guidelines - Memo (PDF); Spreadsheet ( Excel, PDF)
- Fast Facts: Disability Management Overview
- Frequently-Asked Questions
- §137.1 Disability Management Concept.
- §137.10 Return to Work Guidelines.
- Official Disability Guidelines (ODG) http://www.worklossdata.com/PR_Texas.htm
- Rule: 28 Texas Administrative Code §134.600, Preauthorization, Concurrent Review, and Voluntary Certification of Health Care
- CARF Accredited Work Conditioning and Work Hardening Programs Exempted from Preauthorization and Concurrent Review
- Q & A - Work Conditioning & Work Hardening, ODG and Preauthorization (PDF) 01/08
For more information contact:
Last updated: 09/06/2014