Workers' Compensation Insurance Coverage Verification
The Insurance Coverage Section provides workers' compensation insurance coverage information for specific dates of injury, performs data entry and maintains insurance coverage information submitted by system participants.
- Verify individual employer workers' compensation commercial policy coverage through TXCOMP (Subscribers)
(For a downloadable file of last calendar quarter's commercial coverage see the Subscriber download file. January through March 2016 (zipped .txt file) - NOTE: this is a large dataset, download may be slow ) .
- Verify if a company holds a Certificate of Authority as a Certified Self Insurer in Texas (Certified Self-Insurers)
If you can not find the insurance coverage-related information you're looking for, this does not necessarily mean that coverage does not exist. Call 800-372-7713 or 512-804-4345 in the Austin area for assistance, including coverage information for certain self-insured governmental entities. For benefits-related questions call the insurance adjustor.
- Non-subscribers: Some employers are required to report if they elect not to obtain workers' compensation insurance coverage. For a downloadable list of non-covered employers see the Non-Subscriber download file: Excel 2003 (xls), Excel 2007 (xlsx), PDF).
- Fact Sheet - Non-Covered Employers / Hoja Informativa - Empleadores sin Cobertura de Seguros de Compensación para Trabajadores
- DWC Form-005, Employers' Notice of No Coverage or Termination of Coverage
- DWC Form-020, Insurance Carrier's Notice of Coverage/Cancellation/Non-Renewal of Coverage
- DWC Form-205, Locations of Employers' Business(es) [addendum to DWC005 and DWC020]
- DWC Form-020SI, Self-Insured Governmental Entity Proof of Coverage
- DWC Form-027, Carrier Representative Information Submission Form
- All other forms
- Coverage-related forms may be faxed to the Insurance Coverage Section at 512-804-4346.
For more information contact:
Last updated: 04/15/2016