OSHCON: Occupational Safety and Health Consultation Program
The Occupational Safety and Health Consultation (OSHCON) program is a free service available to private Texas employers through the Texas Department of Insurance, Division of Workers' Compensation. Our professional safety and health consultants across the state are available to help you identify and eliminate occupational hazards in your workplace, whether or not your company carries workers' compensation insurance.
Studies have shown that thousands of Texas employers experience fewer reported injuries and illnesses following their participation in the OSHCON program each year. OSHCON helps employers understand and comply with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) health and safety requirements, and teaches them how to maintain safe and healthy workplaces.
- Current Job Opportunities
- Texas Safety Summit
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Request a Consultation Online
- SHARP - Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program
- Sample OSHA Written Programs
Templates of OSHA-required written programs that you can save and modify to your company's specifications
- DWC Resource Center Library
Over 200 safety publications and training tools that you can download for free
- DWC Resource Center Audiovisual Library
Over 4000 DVDs that can be checked out at no charge (except for return postage and package insurance)
- DWC Safety & Health Update Newsletter
Monthly newsletter on occupational safety and health matters,OSHA updates, training, and more that you can download for free or subscribe to for free
- Occupational Driving Safety Programs
- DWC Return to Work Resources
Links to free services and assistance regarding the benefits and purpose of early return to work and how employers can implement a successful process.
- DWC OSHA Free 10-Hour Construction Course Schedule (English/Spanish)
- OSHA Links
Links directly to various resources on OSHA's web site
- Helpful Safety and Health Links
Links to free resources on other government and university web sites
- OSHA Training Resources
Links to the OSHA Directorate of Training and Education
Request your OSHCON consultation today. Consultants are located in offices across the state and are available to travel to your area.
Toll-Free Request Line 1-800-252-7031 Option 2
E-mail users please include your company name, address, city, state, zip code, phone number and contact person.
Safety and Health Resource Center (Austin)
Kathleen Franklin 800 252-7031 - Option 7, ext. 31270
Norm Curtiss 800 252-7031 - Option 7, ext. 31470
Barb Fox 512-804-4648 (Outreach)
Chris D'Amura (OSHCON Program Mgr.) 512-804-4640
Jim Newberry 512-804-4693
Steven Weber 800 252-7031 - Option 7, ext. 31471
Jimmy Hudson 800 252-7031 - Option 7, ext. 31872
Oscar Cartas 800 252-7031 - Option 7, ext. 31970
Joe Crowson 800 252-7031 - Option 7, ext. 33574
Amelia Kingsley Donnell 800 252-7031 - Option 7, ext. 33573
Darrell Lofton (Team Mgr.) 800 252-7031 - Option 7, ext. 33572
Charmaine Stanley 800 252-7031 - Option 7, ext. 37573
Ray Ndlovu 800 252-7031 - Option 7, ext. 37572
Wayne Swisher 800-252-7031 - Option 7, ext. 32270
Susan Baze 800 252-7031 - Option 7, ext. 32470
Robert Bradley Cell 940 224-6521
(Note: These examples are provided only as general guides to assist employers in developing written programs. They are not intended to supersede the requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's (OSHA) standards as found in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), nor do they represent complete written programs. Our OSHCON consultants can help you determine what modifications may be necessary for your worksite.)
All documents are in Microsoft Word format unless otherwise noted.
- Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan (29 CFR 1910.1030)
- Confined Space (29 CFR 1910.146)
- Control of Hazardous Energy [Lockout/Tagout] (29 CFR 1910.147)
- Emergency Action Plan (29 CFR 1910.38)
- Excavation Safety (29 CFR 1926, Subpart P)
- Fall Prevention
- Fall Protection for the Construction Industry (29 CFR 1926.500, Subpart M)
- Fire Prevention Plan (29 CFR 1910.39)
- Hazard Communication (29 CFR 1910.1200)
- Hearing Conservation (29 CFR 1910.95)
- Respiratory Protection (29 CFR 1910.134)
- Safety Policy (29 CFR 1910 and 1926)
- Scaffolding (PDF)
- Changes to OSHA's Hazard Communication Standard
- OSHA Hazard Communication
- OSHA's Top 10 Violations
- OSHA Publications
- OSHA Recordkeeping
- OSHA QuickTakes e-newsletter
Free bi-monthly news about OSHA initiatives and products to assist employers and workers in finding and preventing workplace hazards.
- OSHA eTools and Electronic Compliance Assistance Products
Interactive, Web-based training tools developed by OSHA to help employers understand how OSHA regulations apply to their work sites.
- OSHA Compliance Assistance Quick Start
A new tool on OSHA's Compliance Assistance web page that provides step-by-step guidance on how to identify OSHA requirements and guidance materials that may apply to specific workplaces.
For more information contact:
Last updated: 07/12/2016