Return to Work / Stay at Work
The timely return of injured employees to productive roles in the Texas workforce is one of the key components of the Division of Workers' Compensation's (DWC's) mission. Return to work is a responsibility shared by employers, employees, health care providers, insurance carriers and the DWC.
The longer an employee is away from work after an injury, the harder it is for him or her to get back to work at all; and the longer an employee is away from work, the higher are the employer's workers' compensation costs and related business costs.
The following information is provided to help employers, injured employees and health care providers appreciate the benefits of return to work and to guide them in fulfilling their respective roles. The employer resources assist employers to create and implement effective return-to-work procedures--a key element in returning injured employees to productive work.
- Frequently-Asked Questions
- Effective Return-to-Work Practices for Employers
- About the Return-to-Work Reimbursement Program for Employers (PDF)
- DWC Form-001, Employer's First Report of Injury or Illness (PDF)
- DWC Form-008, Return-to-Work Reimbursement Program for Employers
- DWC Form-073 - Work Status Report (PDF)
- DWC Form-074, Description of Injured Employee's Employment
- 28 Texas Administrative Code (TAC) Chapter 137, Subchapter B--Return-to-Work
- Return to Work Guidelines
- Making Return to Work - Work: For Your Business and Your Employees (Return-to-Work Guide) (PDF)
- Registry of Private Providers of Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Working Works - Employment Resources for Injured Employees (PDF)
- Injured Employee Return-to-Work Checklist
- CARF Accredited Work Conditioning and Work Hardening Programs Exempted from Preauthorization and Concurrent Review
- CARF Q&As - Work Conditioning & Work Hardening, ODG and Preauthorization (PDF)
For information about booking a Return to Work presentation, contact the TDI Speaker's Bureau.
For more information contact:
Last updated: 12/08/2014