Rehabilitation & Liquidation Oversight
The mission of Rehabilitation & Liquidation Oversight is to assure the efficient administration of insurance company receiverships, both for rehabilitation and liquidation for the benefit of policyholders, receivership creditors and the taxpayers of Texas.
Special Deputy Receivers
Liquidation Oversight monitors the SDRs' receivership case administration by analyzing and evaluating reports filed by the SDR with the Court, as required by the Insurance Code.
The SDR files with the Court quarterly documents for the receivership which include:
- "a report summarizing the expenses incurred during the period" (TEX. INS. CODE ANN. § 443.015 (g))
- "a statement of assets and liabilities of the insurer" (TEX. INS. CODE ANN. § 443.016 (a) 1)
- "the changes in those assets and liabilities" (TEX. INS. CODE ANN. § 443.016 (a) 2)
- "all funds received or disbursed by the receiver during the period" (TEX. INS. CODE ANN. § 443.016 (a) 3)
Liquidation Oversight staff reviews the expenses and financial activity of the receivership monthly to ensure that they are reasonable and appropriate.
For information about becoming an SDR, see SDR Contract Administration.
For legislation regarding Receiverships for Rehabilitation and Liquidation see Chapter 443 of the Texas Insurance Code.
The Receivership Court
The District Court in Travis County, Texas is designated by statute (TEX. INS. CODE ANN. § 443.005 (g)) as the Receivership Court. It is the Court where receivership actions are brought by the Texas Attorney General, as well as the Court where suits by and against the Receiver are brought. The Court also has exclusive venue over suits against guaranty associations. In addition, the Insurance Code provides that the Receivership Court provide judicial supervision for each receivership. The Receivership Court has appointed a Special Master to hear certain matters presented to the Receivership Court for approval.
The Liquidation Oversight Analytical and Legal Staff:
Douglas Hartz, Director
Deona Sokol, Executive Assistant
- Jemmie Russell, Supervising Analyst
- Kathy Gartner
- Dwight Ward
Terry Smith, Program Specialist/Records Liaison
Counsel to the Receiver:
- Rachel Giani, Director, Office of Financial Counsel
- James Kennedy
- Kimberly Hammer
- Liz Solka
- Tanikqua Young
- Marisol Saenz
- Stu Phillips
- Michael Nored
- Chris Harrigan
Jean Sustaita, Docket Clerk
Texas Guaranty Associations
- Texas Property and Casualty Insurance Guaranty Association - provides coverage for property and casualty (home/auto) insurance.
- Texas Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association - provides coverage for life and health insurance.
- Texas Title Insurance Guaranty Association - provides coverage for title insurance.
- Texas Self Insurance Group Guaranty Fund - provides coverage for workers compensation insurance benefits for self-insured groups.
|Help For||Toll-Free #|
|[ tdi phone listings ]|
|Agents / Adjusters|
|Media / Others|
|[ tdi e-mail lookup ]|
|Agent Lookup||Company Lookup|
|DWC Forms||All Other Forms|
|TDI Jobs||TXCOMP Home|
|[ popular links · more lookups ] |
For more information contact:
Last updated: 04/25/2013