TDI Insurance Complaint Form
Helping You With Your Insurance Complaint - Read the TDI publication to learn more about how we assist Texans with insurance complaints.
Auto, Homeowners, Life, Health, or Title Insurance Complaints
Use TDI’s Online Complaint Portal to file a complaint about auto, homeowners, life, health, or title insurance.
You may also use the PDF option to complete the form.
Note: Save the PDF to your computer and fill out that version to ensure that the form saves what you type.
Send the PDF or your complaint to TDI:
- By mail: MC 111-1A, Consumer Protection, Texas Department of Insurance, P.O. Box 149091, Austin, Texas 78714-9091
- In person or by delivery service: Texas Department of Insurance, Consumer Protection (111-1A), 333 Guadalupe St., Austin, Texas 78701
- By fax: (512) 490-1007
- By email: ConsumerProtection@tdi.texas.gov
Note: We can only accept hard copies, CDs, USB flash drives, and email attachments with documents, photos, and videos in PDF or JPEG format. We can’t accept links to online documents and pictures.
For information about filing an insurance-related complaint, call the Consumer Help Line at 1-800-252-3439 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Central time, Monday-Friday.
Workers' Compensation Claim-Related Complaints
To file a workers’ compensation claim-related complaint, send a written allegation by fax to 512-490-1030, by email to DWC-ComplaintResolution@tdi.texas.gov, or by mail to:
Texas Department of Insurance
Division of Workers’ Compensation
System Monitoring & Oversight, MS-8
7551 Metro Center Drive, Ste. 100
Austin, TX 78744-1645
For information about filing a workers’ compensation claim related complaint, call the Division of Workers’ Compensation at 1-800-252-7031 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Central time, Monday-Friday.
- HMO Profiles
- TDI Complaint Stakeholders Resource Page
- Commissioner´s Ombudsman Questions/Complaints
- TDI Customer Service Questions/Complaints
- Internet Complaint Information System (ICIS) - Provides summaries of complaint database files by quarter and by line of insurance.
- NAIC Consumer Information Source - CIS allows consumers to view a variety information about insurance companies and to file insurance company complaints.
- Insurance Company Profile - Provides company license information, history, financial data, and number of justified complaints filed against the company.
- Complaint Authorization Form
Complaint Indexes by Calendar YearComplaint Index 2014 - Auto | Home | Accident/Health | Life/Annuity | Workers' Compensation
Complaint Index 2013- Auto | Home | Accident/Health | Life/Annuity | Workers' Compensation
Complaint Index 2012- Auto | Home | Accident/Health | Life/Annuity | Workers' Compensation
Complaint Index 2011- Auto | Home | Accident/Health | Life/Annuity | Workers' Compensation
Complaint Index 2010 - Auto | Home | Accident/Health | Life/Annuity | Workers' Compensation
Customer Service Contact
We set high standards for customer service and hope our service meets your expectations. If it does not, we invite you to contact a supervisor or manager in the TDI program area providing that service. The TDI program has the expertise relating to your insurance issue, and it is likely that program staff and management are the ones who can best help you.
Customer Relations Representative
For more information contact:
Last updated: 01/22/2016