Fingerprint background check
- Most people who apply for a license must: (1) get a fingerprint background check from IdentoGO, and (2) send us a copy of the IdentoGO receipt showing that their fingerprints were sent to the Texas Department of Public Safety.
- Some people can ask for an exemption from getting a fingerprint background check. To learn more, see the Texas Administrative Code.
- You do not need to get a fingerprint background check if:
- You live in Texas and have: (1) an active license or registration with us, and (2) already submitted fingerprints.
- You don’t live in Texas, but you send one of the following with your application:
- Your criminal history record from your state’s law enforcement agency.
- Your current Certificate of Good Standing from your state.
- Begin the application process on TDI’s online initial application and fingerprint portal to receive your fingerprint service code and instructions.
- To learn more, read the fingerprinting requirements and instructions.
- To apply, you must fill out three forms:
- Before you can apply for a reinsurance manager license, you must have more than 3 years of experience in insurance or reinsurance. You will need to give details about your experience on the Application for Reinsurance Intermediary License form (FIN510).
- For contract review and approval, send a copy of the contract to FAFilings@tdi.texas.gov. You can find more information about contract requirements in Texas Insurance Code sections 4152.151 and 4152.204
- The application fee is $500.
- Tips for successful application processing.
A non-resident license is not available for the reinsurance intermediary manager license.
A temporary license is not offered for a reinsurance manager license.
An emergency license is not offered for a reinsurance manager license.
A provisional permit is not offered for a reinsurance manager license.
Laws: Texas Insurance Code
Laws about the reinsurance manager license can be found in the Texas Insurance Code, section 4152.001.
Question? Email us at email@example.com.