Division 2 of TDI's parity rules at 28 TAC Chapter 21, Subchapter P, requires issuers to submit data annually, using the MH/SUD Parity Rule Division 2 Data Collection Reporting Form.
TDI rules related to mental health and substance use disorder parity are at 28 TAC Chapter 21, Subchapter P. TDI adopted the rule on August 18, with an effective date of September 7, 2021. The rule adoption is available on TDI’s rule page. Templates for completing the parity compliance analyses required by Division 3 of the rule are below.
- Division 3 QTL Parity Compliance Analysis - must be completed (and available upon request) 180 days following the rule's effective date, i.e., March 6, 2022.
- Division 3 NQTL Parity Compliance Analysis - refer to the due dates for completing the analyses in 28 TAC 21.2432. Note also similar requirements in 42 USC 300gg-26(a)(8), due February 10, 2021, and federal FAQ #45 related to those requirements.
- The 87th Texas Legislature enacted HB 2595, effective September 1, 2021.
- The Texas Mental Health Condition and Substance Use Disorder Parity Strategic Plan (developed by the now-disbanded MHCSUD Parity Work Group) was published in August 2021.
- TDI published a proposed rule on February 19, 2021.
- TDI published an informal draft rule to implement HB 10 on June 16 and hosted a stakeholder meeting on June 30.
- TDI published a Study of Mental Health Parity to Better Understand Consumer Experiences with Accessing Care in August of 2018.
- The 85th Texas Legislature enacted HB 10 in 2017