TDI Fraud Unit
Fraud News Release
Preventing Insurance Fraud is Everyone’s Responsibility
Learn About Texas Fraud Reporting
Report Insurance Fraud
What is Insurance Fraud?
Insurance fraud occurs when companies, agents, adjusters, health care providers, or consumers intentionally deceive others or misrepresent facts for financial gain. It usually happens during the process of buying, using, selling, or underwriting insurance and is usually motivated by greed. Insurance fraud is a crime in Texas!
What are the Fraud Unit's responsibilities?
The Fraud Unit enforces laws relating to fraudulent insurance acts. The unit's responsibilities include receiving and reviewing reports of fraud, initiating inquiries, and conducting investigations when TDI has reason to suspect insurance fraud. In addition, the unit actively seeks criminal indictments, makes arrests, and assists in prosecutions to deter insurance fraud in Texas.
- Fraud Related Web Links
- Information Exchange Network
- Search the National Insurance Crime Bureau VINCheck database to determine whether a vehicle has been declared an uncovered stolen or total loss vehicle.
News, Bulletins, and Reports
- Fraud News
- Fraud Bulletins
- FY 2012 Statistics
- FY 2013 Annual Report
- FY 2012 Annual Report
- Top Insurance Fraud Cases - Fiscal Year 2010
About the Fraud Unit
- Types of Cases the Fraud Unit Investigates
- Case Investigation Process
- Fraud Report and Case Flow Process Chart
- Fraud Unit Staff
- Fraud Facts and FAQS. Submit a question by email at FraudUnit@tdi.texas.gov
- Important Information for SIUs
- Indictment Case Disposition Search
- Unauthorized Insurance Plans
Publications and Presentations
|Help For||Toll-Free #|
|[ tdi phone listings ]|
|Agents / Adjusters|
|Media / Others|
|Agent Lookup||Company Lookup|
|Fraud Reports||Fraud Forms|
|TDI Jobs||TXCOMP Home|
|[ popular links · more lookups ]|
For more information contact:
Last updated: 11/14/2014