Disability management is an integrated approach to optimizing health care and return to work outcomes for injured employees while serving the interests of all workers' compensation participants. Disability management strategies include treatment guidelines, return-to-work guidelines and preauthorization. Additional approaches to disability management include treatment planning, treatment protocols, employer return to work programs, case management and benchmarking.
- 28 28 Texas Administrative Code (TAC) §137.1 Disability Management Concept.
- 28 TAC §137.10 Return to Work Guidelines.
- Return to Work Guidelines (MDGuidelines), Phone: 800-442-4519
- 28 TAC §137.100 Treatment Guidelines
- Official Disability Guidelines (ODG), Phone: 800-488-5548
- Monthly updates to the Official Disability Guidelines (ODG) – Recently, the design of this listing was revised to eliminate unnecessary formatting and duplication that limited the functionality of the document. Although the formatting has changed, no necessary information concerning the guideline or updates to the guideline has been eliminated.
ODG updates (Excel)
Archive of prior calendar years (zip file)
- Monthly updates to Appendix A, ODG Workers' Compensation Drug Formulary – DWC will update the listing monthly upon receipt from ODG. The online edition of the ODG is updated as new evidence becomes available and is the official source for DWC actions. ODG Appendix A (Excel)