Skip to Top Main Navigation Skip to Left Navigation Skip to Content Area Skip to Footer
Texas Department of Insurance
Topics:   A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z All

Captive Insurance Companies

Please note, the and email addresses have been discontinued.


To license your captive insurance company, first be sure to file for business formation with the Texas Secretary of State's Office.

To apply for your license, submit evidence along with:

Submit the filing to Company Licensing at

Captive Management Companies

To register your licensed captive management company, send your completed FIN549 Captive Management Registration Form and FIN548 Captive Management Company Biographical Certificate Form to Agent and Adjuster Licensing at For more information, visit our Captive management company registration page.

Statutes and Regulations


For more information, contact TDI's Captives Specialist Robert Rudnai.

Last updated: 2/22/2024