URAs must renew their license every two years, and TDI must receive the application and fee prior to the expiration date of the URA’s license. There are two options for renewal application submissions. You may either renew online for the easiest submission, which allows for payment with a credit card, or mail the application and related fee. Note that renewal fees only apply to certified URAs. Registered URAs do not pay a fee.
To renew online:
- Email the required application exhibits to IRUIAPRO@tdi.texas.gov
- Email subject line: “URA Renewal Application for [insert company name on application]”
- Naming convention for the renewal documents.
To renew by mail:
- Mail the application exhibits and applicable fee as listed on the application noting the following:
- Include a cover letter with the URA name on the application and employer identification number (EIN) or URA license number.
- Mailing Address: (do not alter the address or make to the attention of an individual)
Texas Department of Insurance
Managed Care Quality Assurance (MCQA) Office, Mail code - LH-MCQA
P.O. Box 12030
Austin, TX 78711
URAs must submit updates of material changes no later than 30 days after the effective date of the change per Texas Insurance Code Section 4201.107.
- Email subject line: “URA Update Application for [insert company name on application]”
- Naming convention for the Update documents.
Examples of material changes include but are not limited to:
- New officers and directors.
- Changes in the organizational structure.
- Changes in contractual relationships.
- Changes in the utilization review plan.
- Adding a new line of utilization review.