Home insurance pays to repair or replace your house and personal property if they’re damaged or destroyed by an event covered by your policy. To learn more about home insurance, check out our Home insurance guide. Some of the topics include:
- Types of coverages.
- Other insurance you might need.
- Shopping for insurance.
- Understanding rates.
- Other options for insuring your home.
- Losing your insurance.
Use our HelpInsure website to shop for home and renters insurance.
- 10 steps to find the right home insurance: Shopping for insurance is like shopping for any major item. It's a good idea to shop around to find the policy that best meets your needs and pocketbook.
- Do you need renters insurance? (video) Do you need renters insurance? Your landlord’s insurance will cover damage to a building or home you rent, but what about your personal items? We explain what renters insurance covers.
- Home policies: Replacement cost or actual cash value? Most home insurance policies pay to repair or rebuild your home based on current costs. This is called replacement cost coverage. But some policies pay less based on the age and condition of your home (depreciation). This is called actual cash value coverage. Policies with actual cash value coverage cost less, but they also pay less when you have a claim. Knowing the difference can help you buy the coverage that’s best for you.
If you can’t find an insurance company that will insure your home, you can try to get a “certificate of insurability." If you have a certificate, an insurance company can´t refuse to sell or renew a policy because of your home's condition unless: (1) the insurance company reinspects it and (2) describes the issues in writing.
Learn more about the Voluntary Inspection Program
The Texas FAIR Plan Association (FAIR Plan) offers home insurance policies to those who are unable to get insurance through regular insurance companies.
The FAIR Plan gives limited coverage for one- and two-family homes, townhouses, and condominiums.
To be able to get FAIR Plan coverage, you must have:
- Been told by at least two insurance companies that they will not give you coverage.
- Not gotten an offer for the same level of coverage from any insurance company.
Questions? Call us at 800-252-3439.