Skip to Top Main Navigation Skip to Left Navigation Skip to Content Area Skip to Footer
Texas Department of Insurance
Topics:   A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z All

Getting care at a military hospital

The Texas Labor Code applies to services provided to injured employees at military hospitals in Texas. Under the Labor Code, you are allowed to get health care services at a federal military treatment facility (FMTF) for an injury that is covered by your employer’s workers’ compensation policy.

What is a federal military treatment facility?

An FMTF is a medical facility that is part of the Military Health System of the United States Department of Defense. For example, Brooke Army Medical Center (BAMC) in San Antonio is a federal military treatment facility.  


For answers to questions like:

  • Why did I get a bill from BAMC?
  • I got a letter from my workers’ compensation adjuster denying my claim. What should I do?
  • I got a Notice of Disputed Issues and Refusal to Pay Benefits. What is my next step?
  • I got a notice from the Internal Revenue Service about my bill from an FMTF. What can I do?

 Call DWC customer service at 800-252-7031, option 1.