Long-term care is different from traditional medical care, which tries to treat or cure illnesses. Long-term care helps with routine daily activities, such as eating, getting around, and bathing. It also can help if you need supervision, protection, or reminders to take medicine.
To learn more about long-term care insurance, go to our Long-term care insurance guide. Some topics include:
- The cost of long-term care.
- Deciding if long-term care is right for you.
- Buying coverage.
- How policies work.
Across the nation, people with long-term care insurance are getting notices of large rate increases. This can lead to difficult decisions about whether to cut benefits, drop the policy, or pay much more than you expected. Our FAQs explain the reason for the increases and your options.
- Long-term care insurance suitability worksheet (PDF)
- Long-term care insurance policy comparison worksheet (PDF)
- YourTexasBenefits.com: Find out if you can get long-term care benefits
- LongTermCare.gov: Information about long-term care
- Texas Health and Human Services: Learn more about long-term care
- Who to call with your question or complaint
Questions? Call us at 800-252-3439.