Skip to Top Main Navigation Skip to Left Navigation Skip to Content Area Skip to Footer
Texas Department of Insurance
Topics:   A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z All

Fireworks licensing

Fireworks licenses and permits

You can renew fireworks licenses for distributors, jobbers, manufacturers, FPOs, SEOs, and FEO’s on the Sircon website.

You can purchase retail fireworks permits for individuals, distributors, and jobbers on the Retail Fireworks Permit Registration webpage.
(Download instructions)

Important Information for Retail Fireworks Indoor Sites

Retail Fireworks Indoor Site Information Form

Indoor fireworks retail sites are required to submit a plan to the SFMO before opening the facility to business. Please use the above form and submit it along with a diagram of the site.

Fireworks Licensing Forms

Fireworks Applications, Forms, and Guides are available in PDF format.

Guide to Obtain a Permit or License - Fireworks: Describes the different types of permits and licenses, type of activity permitted by each, test requirements, and test references.

Test Information: This link takes you to the PSI web site. This company is contracted to administer the SFMO tests. Click on the Candidate Information Bulletin found on the testing page for additional information regarding fees, scheduling policies, scoring information, and FAQs.

Fireworks Sites With Plans on File: List of indoor retail fireworks sites with plans on file with the SFMO. 28 § TAC 34.832(16) states that an indoor site's retail sales permit is not valid unless they have a site plan on file.

Retail Fireworks Selling Seasons: Displays the dates when a retail fireworks permit holder may sell fireworks to the public.

Statute and Rules: Complete fireworks statute and rules book, including forms

Fireworks SFMO Inspection Checklists

Licensing questions?

Phone: 512-676-6800 (press 51) from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays.

Last updated: 7/7/2022