Texas Fire and Life Safety Public Educators Resources
- April 12, 2013: ESPN anchor Hannah Storm teamed up with NFPA for a series of PSAs and interviews highlighting grill safety and burn injuries.
Our objective is to enhance community education programs and initiatives by facilitating access to
- national, state, and local statistics.
- new programs and materials.
- a collaborative knowledge base for best practices.
- educational opportunities.
- reference links.
- a network of peers.
Consistency in the delivery of educational messages to the men, women, and children of Texas will help us reach our common goal of reducing loss of life and property caused by fire and related hazards.
For questions or to obtain more information regarding the SFMO's TXFLSE program, please contact Jamie Perkins at 512-305-7940 or Jamie.Perkins@tdi.texas.gov.
“Fires, like epidemics of disease or crime, can be stamped out successfully only through the collective will and action of society as a whole . . . Once every man, woman, and child realizes and accepts in daily life the responsibility for simple fire prevention measures, death, injury, and destruction by fire will be substantially reduced . . . The knowledge as to the causes of fires and how to prevent them and protect against them is available.”
Percy Bugbee, general manager NFPA
President's Conference on Fire Prevention
May 6-8, 1947
For more information contact:
Last updated: 07/25/2014