Texas Fire and Life Safety Public Educators Resources
- Help the SFMO improve our services by participating in our Youth Prevention and Outreach survey. Your input will assist the SFMO in providing outreach and resources to your fire department or organization.
- April 12, 2013: ESPN anchor Hannah Storm has teamed up with NFPA for a series of PSAs and interviews highlighting grill safety and burn injuries.
Our objective is to enhance community education programs and initiatives by facilitating access to
- national, state, and local statistics.
- new programs and materials.
- a collaborative knowledge base for best practices.
- educational opportunities.
- reference links.
- a network of peers.
Consistency in the delivery of educational messages to the men, women, and children of Texas will help us reach our common goal of reducing loss of life and property caused by fire and related hazards.
For questions or to obtain more information regarding the SFMO's TXFLSE program, please contact Jamie Perkins at 512-305-7940 or Jamie.Perkins@tdi.texas.gov.
“Fires, like epidemics of disease or crime, can be stamped out successfully only through the collective will and action of society as a whole . . . Once every man, woman, and child realizes and accepts in daily life the responsibility for simple fire prevention measures, death, injury, and destruction by fire will be substantially reduced . . . The knowledge as to the causes of fires and how to prevent them and protect against them is available.”
Percy Bugbee, general manager NFPA
President's Conference on Fire Prevention
May 6-8, 1947
Click below to go to other areas of interest:
- Community Education Programs
- Statistic Sources
- Safety Observances
- Calendar of Events
- TXFLSE E-group
- TX Fire & Life Safety Public Educators by County
- Sites for Kids
- Resource Links
- Grant Links
- TXFLSE Forms
- In the News
- Safety Bulletins and Newsletters
- Awards & Recognition
- Report Successes & Saves
- Youth Fire Prevention & Intervention Program
For more information contact:
Last updated: 05/13/2013