Texas uses the National Incident Reporting System, NFIRS Version 5.0, to administer and maintain the state’s TEXFIRS program.
Incident reports entered into NFIRS are used for statistical data.
Fire departments can send incident reports using one of the following three methods:
- eNFIRS Bulk Import Utility (BIU) tool:
Use the eNFIRS Bulk Import Utility (BIU) tool on the eNFIRS website.
The U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) provides free training and instructional videos.
- Input data into eNFIRS
You can enter incident reports directly into eNFIRS. eNFIRS is a free system provided by USFA. Data entered into eNFIRS does not need to be emailed to TEXFIRS.
- Email registered vendor software data to TEXFIRS
Use registered vendor software to provide reports. A list of contacts for registered vendors is available on the U.S. Fire Administration's NFIRS website.
Email data to the Texas State Fire Marshal’s Office TEXFIRS Section at TEXFIRS@tdi.texas.gov. TEXFIRS will input the report into NFIRS.
The fire department must have an NFIRS account. Register for an account or log into NFIRS.
Maintaining an NFIRS account
- Users should log into their account every month.
- If a user has not logged in for 90 days, their account password will expire.
- Reset your password at any time by selecting “Forgot Password” above the NFIRS Password section on the login page at www.nfirs.fema.gov.
- Don’t register for a new account; this will create duplicate accounts.