Skip to Top Main Navigation Skip to Left Navigation Skip to Content Area Skip to Footer
Texas Department of Insurance
Topics:   A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z All

Uvalde help

Esta información también está disponible en español.

We are here for you 

The Texas Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) can help if you are hurt or get sick at work. This includes mental trauma injuries from a work-related event.

Information for employers with an employee impacted by this event.

Are you a… 

  • first responder,
  • school district employee,
  • medical personnel, or
  • other affected employee?

We help injured employees with their workers’ compensation claims.

You may need help with: 

If you are a family member of an employee who died on the job, you may be able to get death and burial benefits.

Claim questions: 

For specific questions about your workers’ compensation claim or to request to meet with DWC staff in Uvalde call Kim Shute, DWC Claims and Customer Services at 800-252-7031, extension 32220 or email

General questions:

Call our toll-free number at 800-252-7031, option 1 or visit the injured employee homepage

Last updated: 6/9/2022