Return to About TDI
The Texas Department of Insurance envisions a financially stable and fair marketplace and an effective and efficient workers' compensation system.
The Texas Department of Insurance mission is to protect insurance consumers by:
- regulating the insurance industry fairly and diligently
- promoting a stable and competitive market
- providing information that makes a difference.
Agency Regulatory Approach
The Texas Department of Insurance will exemplify friendly, courteous, ethical, and professional behavior in all areas of performance by:
- providing the best value in services to the people of Texas
- applying the law and the agency policy fairly and consistently throughout the state,
- communicating openly and providing timely and accurate information to the public we serve, and to all our fellow employees, and
- communicating internally and externally, we evaluate and adjust the course of the agency in response to changes in conditions.
For more information contact:
Last updated: 10/20/2010