Texas Safety Summit
Hotel Reservations: 512-478-1111
About the Texas Safety Summit
The Texas Safety Summit features top safety professionals, valuable information, and education on some of the most prevalent safety and health issues in Texas.
- Sharpen your skills and get updates on critical issues in accident prevention from more than 25 breakout sessions on topics such as transportation safety; effective safety management processes and systems; workplace violence prevention; hazardous materials and communication; Texas workforce trends; regulatory compliance and much more!
- Learn practical tools and techniques that you can take back and put to use in your workplace to protect you and your employees.
- Network and share best practices with other safety professionals from across Texas.
Who Should Attend?
All sizes of employers in the public sector and private sector are invited, whether or not they carry worker's compensation insurance coverage.
See what attendees said about last year’s conference:
“Very informative! Presenters were knowledgeable and interesting. I plan to take much of this great information back to my department. I appreciate all the hard work, planning and collaboration that went into this conference, it was great!” – Sharon, SAS Shoemakers
“This was my second year attending the summit; I thought that this year’s event was terrific including the speakers, the topics and the overall flow.” Kim, Markel FirstComp Insurance
“Great experience – several sessions provided a unique perspective and/or a focused assessment of specific elements rather than a general overview of regulation and procedures. Active shooter and security presentations were excellent with practical information and real-life examples. Was a very good variety of topics.” – Don , AIG
See last year’s conference agenda. Click here to view the full schedule.
Safety is Everyone's Responsibility
The Texas Safety Summit will offer important information for all types of people who play a role in safeguarding Texas employees, from the beginner to the seasoned safety professional.
- Government Representatives
- Health Care Providers
- Human Resources Representatives
- Office Managers
- Occupational Safety or Industrial Hygiene Professionals
- Risk and Loss Managers
- Safety Managers/Coordinators/Officers/Engineers
- Safety Committee Representatives
- Safety Trainers
- Union Safety Representatives
- Workers' Compensation Insurance Company Representatives
Affordable conference registration and hotel room rates make the Texas Safety Summit a worthwhile tool to help your organization prevent workplace injuries.
Conference fees include:
- all conference materials;
- practical training and information to use in your workplace;
- instruction from nationally and locally known subject matter experts; and
- breakfast, lunch and break refreshments.
Continuing Education Credits
Attendees will be eligible to receive .1 CEU per hour of attendance. Please refer to your licensing or certifying entities for specific applicable requirements.
CEU credits are provided by
Lone Star Safety Program Nominations Being Accepted
At the annual Texas Safety Summit the DWC Lone Star Safety Program recognizes Texas employers that have comprehensive safety programs. Companies are nominated or can self-nominate, and may qualify for the award by having proven safety programs in place and injury and illness incidence rates below the national averages for their industries. These programs serve as models or standards of comparison for employers developing or reviewing their own workplace safety programs.
Download the Lone Star Safety Program application. For more information or to request an application, contact the Texas Department of Insurance, Division of Workers' Compensation (DWC) at 512-804-4610 or email@example.com.
Held in the heart of Texas, the Texas Safety Summit and its host hotel are within minutes of downtown Austin and many area attractions. Visit the Austin Convention and Visitors Bureau website at http://www.austintexas.org/ for information about the sights, sounds and features of the Austin area.
For more information contact:
Last updated: 06/06/2016