17th Annual Workplace Safety & Health Conference
- David Teater, National Safety Council: Distracted Driving: Impact on Employee Safety, Productivity and Employer Liability
- Casey Perkins, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Region VI: OSHA Region VI Update
- Jeff Smagacz, Risk Management Group, Inc.: Putting the "E" Back in Safety: An Ergonomics Primer
- Eric Giguere, Safety Awareness Solutions: The Buried Truth Uncovered
May 14-16, 2013
Doubletree Hotel Austin
6505 N IH-35
Austin, Texas 78752-4346
Hotel Reservations: 512-454-3737
Why Attend the Texas Safety Summit?
The Texas Safety Summit features top safety professionals, valuable information, and education on some of the most prevalent safety and health issues in Texas.
- Sharpen your skills and get updates on critical issues in accident prevention from more than 30 breakout sessions on topics such as transportation safety; effective safety management processes and systems; workplace violence prevention; hazardous materials and communication; Texas workforce trends; regulatory compliance and much more!
- Learn practical tools and techniques that you can take back and put to use in your workplace to protect you and your employees.
- Network and share best practices with other safety professionals from across Texas.
Who Should Attend?
All sizes of employers in the public sector and private sector are envited, whether or not they carry worker's compensation insurance coverage.
Safety is Everyone's Responsibility
The Texas Safety Summit will offer important information for all types of people who play a role in safeguarding Texas employees, from the beginner to the seasoned safety professional.
- Government Representatives
- Health Care Providers
- Human Resources Representatives
- Office Managers
- Occupational Safety or Industrial Hygiene Professionals
- Risk and Loss Managers
- Safety Managers/Coordinators/Officers/Engineers
- Safety Committee Representatives
- Safety Trainers
- Union Safety Representatives
- Workers' Compensation Insurance Company Representatives
Affordable conference registration and hotel room rates make the Texas Safety Summit a worthwhile tool to help your organization prevent workplace injuries.
Conference fees include:
- all conference materials (including a CD with presentations available at press time);
- practical training and information to use in your workplace;
- instruction from nationally and locally known subject matter experts; and
- breakfast, lunch and break refreshments.
Continuing Education Credits
Texas State Technical College will provide Continuing Education Credits (CEUs). Attendees will be eligible to receive .1 CEU per hour of attendance on May 14, 15 and 16. Please refer to your licensing or certifying entities for specific applicable requirements.
- Austin Police Department, Auto Theft Interdiction Project
- Austin Police Department, Highway Enforcement Command
- City of Austin Employee Safety Association
- Office of Injured Employee Counsel
- National Safety Council
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
- Texas Department of Insurance:
- Consumer Protection
- Federal Data Collection
- Occupational Safety and Health Consultation (OSHCON) Program
- Workplace Safety
- State Fire Marshal’s Office
- Texas Department of State Health Services, Pesticide Surveillance Department
- Texas Department of Transportation, Traffic Operations Division
- Texas Engineering Extension Service (TEEX) – OSHA Southwest Education Center
- United States Department of Labor, OSHA
Peer Review Safety Program Nominations Being Accepted
At the annual Texas Safety Summit the TDI-DWC Peer Review Safety Program recognizes Texas employers that have comprehensive safety programs. Companies are nominated or can self-nominate, and may qualify for the award by having proven safety programs in place and injury and illness incidence rates below the national averages for their industries. These programs serve as models or standards of comparison for employers developing or reviewing their own workplace safety programs.
Download the Peer Review Safety Program application. For more information or to request an application, contact the Texas Department of Insurance, Division of Workers' Compensation (TDI-DWC) at 512-804-4610 or email@example.com.
Held in the heart of Texas, the Texas Safety Summit and its host hotel are within minutes of downtown Austin and many area attractions. Visit the Austin Convention and Visitors Bureau website at http://www.austintexas.org/ for information about the sights, sounds and features of the Austin area.
For more information contact:
Last updated: 05/09/2013