Workers' Compensation Research and Evaluation Group - REG
REG Research Agenda
- Annual Research Agenda is adopted for each fiscal year as specified in the Texas Labor Code Section 405.0026.
REG Reports and Studies
- REG Reports and Studies page provides current reports and studies as well as an archive of past publications.
House Bill 28 (78th Legislature, third called session, 2003) created a new workers' compensation research function at the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) by transferring the research function of the former Research and Oversight Council on Workers' Compensation (ROC) to the agency. Per Chapter 405 of the Texas Labor Code, the Workers' Compensation Research and Evaluation Group (REG) is responsible for conducting professional studies and research on various system issues, including:
- the delivery of benefits;
- litigation and controversy related to workers' compensation;
- insurance rates and rate-making procedures;
- rehabilitation and reemployment of injured employees;
- the quality and cost of medical benefits;
- employer participation in the workers' compensation system;
- employment health and safety issues; and
- other matters relevant to the cost, quality, and operational effectiveness of the workers' compensation system.
House Bill 7 (79th Legislature, Regular Session, 2005) included a new Section 405.0026, Texas Labor Code, which requires the Commissioner of Insurance to adopt an annual research agenda for the Workers’ Compensation Research and Evaluation Group (REG) at the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI). Section 405.0026, Texas Labor Code, also requires TDI to post a proposed research agenda in the Texas Register for public review and comment and requires the Commissioner of Insurance to hold a public hearing on the research agenda if requested by a member of the public.
|Help For||Toll-Free #|
|[ tdi phone listings ]|
|Agents / Adjusters|
|Media / Others|
|Agent Lookup||Company Lookup|
|Enforcement Actions||DWC Home|
|DWC Forms||All Other Forms|
|TDI Jobs||TXCOMP Home|
|[ popular links · more lookups ] |
For more information contact:
Last updated: 11/22/2013