Workers' Compensation Research and Evaluation Group - REG
Texas A&M University is currently conducting the annual TDI survey of Texas injured employees in support of the FY2015 Annual Network Report Card. The survey is a major component of the Workers' Compensation Health Care Network Report Card (required under Insurance Code §§1305.502(a)-(d) and Labor Code §405.0025(b)). The identity of all injured employees participating in the survey and their answers are confidential and exempt from disclosure under the Texas Public Information Act under Section 405.004, Labor Code. The results of the survey will be reported in the Network Report Card on September 30, 2015. Essentially, the survey asks injured employees about their workers’ compensation health care network experience with access to medical care, satisfaction with medical care, return to work, and health outcomes. The surveys will run from May to July, 2015. Any questions regarding the survey can sent to WCResearch@tdi.texas.gov. If you have received a letter because you have been selected, and would like to schedule a call please feel free to call 855-279-4046.
- WC REG News
Subscribe to Workers' Compensation Research and Evaluation Group Updates via eNews.
REG Research Agenda
- Annual Research Agenda is adopted for each fiscal year as specified in the Texas Labor Code Section 405.0026.
REG Reports and Studies
- REG Reports and Studies page provides current reports and studies as well as an archive of past publications.
House Bill 28 (78th Legislature, third called session, 2003) created a new workers' compensation research function at the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) by transferring the research function of the former Research and Oversight Council on Workers' Compensation (ROC) to the agency. Per Chapter 405 of the Texas Labor Code, the Workers' Compensation Research and Evaluation Group (REG) is responsible for conducting professional studies and research on various system issues, including:
- the delivery of benefits;
- litigation and controversy related to workers' compensation;
- insurance rates and rate-making procedures;
- rehabilitation and reemployment of injured employees;
- the quality and cost of medical benefits;
- employer participation in the workers' compensation system;
- employment health and safety issues; and
- other matters relevant to the cost, quality, and operational effectiveness of the workers' compensation system.
House Bill 7 (79th Legislature, Regular Session, 2005) included a new Section 405.0026, Texas Labor Code, which requires the Commissioner of Insurance to adopt an annual research agenda for the Workers' Compensation Research and Evaluation Group (REG) at the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI). Section 405.0026, Texas Labor Code, also requires TDI to post a proposed research agenda in the Texas Register for public review and comment and requires the Commissioner of Insurance to hold a public hearing on the research agenda if requested by a member of the public.
For more information contact:
Last updated: 06/05/2015