Small Employer Health Benefit Plan Rate Guide
The Texas Department of Insurance will no longer publish the Small Employer Health Insurance Rate Guide. Instead, we’re referring consumers to the health plan finder on www.HealthCare.gov . The federal website is managed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Follow these steps to learn rates for small employer health insurance in your area:
- Visit HealthCare.gov by selecting the link or typing www.HealthCare.gov into your web browser.
- Choose “Texas” from the drop-down menu in the “Explore your coverage and pricing options” box.
- On the next page, choose “Small Employer” from the list.
- On the next page, choose “I need health insurance for my employees.”
- On the next page, choose “Learn More” next to “Private Health Insurance Products for Small Groups.”
- On the next page, enter your ZIP code, the date you want coverage to start, and the number of employees you want to insure.
- On the next page, select “Show me the products.”
- The results screen will list the plans by plan name. Select the plan name to learn what company sells it. You can sort the results by annual out-of-pocket limit, enrollment, and average cost per enrollee.
- Select a plan (or choose up to three to compare plans) to view the plan’s details and pricing.
- Small Employer Health Insurance (TDI publication)
- Federal Health Care Reform Resource Page
For More Information or Assistance
For answers to general insurance questions, for information on filing an insurance-related complaint, or to report suspected insurance fraud, call the Consumer Help Line between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Central time, Monday-Friday, or visit our website
463-6515 in Austin
For printed copies of consumer publications, call the 24-hour Publications Order Line
305-7211 in Austin
To report suspected arson or suspicious activity involving fires, call the State Fire Marshal’s 24-hour Arson Hot Line
For more information contact: