Navigator Registration Information
The Agent and Adjuster Licensing Office is responsible for overseeing the registration of navigator entities and individual navigators. In accord with Senate Bill 1795, passed during the 83rd Texas Legislature, the commissioner set standards by rule ensuring that navigators are qualified to perform their duties.
An individual navigator is defined as an individual performing the activities and duties of a navigator as described by Insurance Code Chapter 4154, 42 USC §18031(i), or any regulation enacted under 42 USC §18031(i). A navigator entity is defined as an entity performing or overseeing an individual’s performance of the activities and duties of a navigator as described by Insurance Code Chapter 4154, 42 USC §18031(i), or any regulation enacted under 42 USC §18031(i).
The commissioner adopted rules related to the regulation of navigators for health benefit exchanges on January 21, 2014. The adopted rules are located on TDI's website at http://www.tdi.texas.gov/rules/2013/documents/navadoptionorder.pdf.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How to Submit Registration Applications, including Required Forms
- Fingerprinting Process
- How to Become an Approved Course Provider
- Certifying Preregistration Courses
- Approved Course Provider(s)
A Navigator Lookup is now available at https://apps.tdi.state.tx.us/sfsdatalookup/StartAction.do. There are three navigator registration reports, each returning current registration information for individual navigators and navigator entities in a .CSV (comma separated values) downloadable file. The information in the reports is updated every two hours.
- Registered Navigator Entity Report returns a list of all currently registered navigator entities.
- Registered Navigator Individuals Report returns a list of all currently registered navigator individuals.
- Registered Navigator Entity Report (including Registered Navigator Individuals) returns a list of all currently registered navigator entities and all currently registered navigator individuals.
***NEW*** Individual Navigators can verify that all Texas Continuing Education credit is current and has been posted to their Sircon CE transcript. Transcripts may be viewed at http://www.sircon.com/resource/layout.jsp?page=texasLps&type=texas.
1. Click on "Look up education courses/credits" located in the left-hand menu options
2. Click on the "Pre-licensing Education Transcript Inquiry" link
3. Select "Texas" from drop down menu
4. Enter Navigator's Social Security Number, Last Name, and Date of Birth
5. Click "Submit"
- Submit TDI Form FIN574, Navigator Entity Registration or Renewal
- Submit TDI Form FIN576, Navigator Designated Responsible Person Biographical Certificate
- Submit TDI Form FIN575, Navigator Registration Surety Bond Form (submit if the surety bond option is selected by the entity as the means to evidence financial responsibility).
There are three methods for submitting completed applications for registration: Mail, Fax and Secure File Transfer Protocol.
Mail applications to: Agent and Adjuster Licensing Office, MC 107-1A
P.O. Box 149104, Austin, TX 78714-9104 or
333 Guadalupe Street, Austin, TX 78701
Fax applications to: (844) 381-7321, toll-free
Submit applications by Secure File Transfer Protocol: Send an email to TDISFTP@tdi.texas.gov with the subject line of "Request SFTP Account" to receive instructions for establishing an account and password.
The Texas Department of Insurance strongly encourages applicants to utilize electronic fingerprinting through approved vendors as authorized under the rule. Electronic fingerprinting is fast and accurate, and in most cases will avoid potential delays in the processing of your submission. Fingerprint cards are not accepted by TDI. Please see Exception to Electronic Fingerprinting section below when it is not possible for you to get electronically fingerprinted.
The general process for electronic fingerprinting is:
Print and complete the Fast-Form for Electronic Fingerprint Appointment, also known as the FAST Pass, from TDI’s website located at http://www.tdi.texas.gov\forms\finagentlicense\FAST_form_final.pdf. You will need information from the FAST Pass form to make your electronic fingerprint appointment.
Schedule an appointment to be electronically fingerprinted. You must schedule a fingerprint appointment by visiting http://www.identogo.com or by calling 1-888-467-2080. Pursuant to DPS requirements on the vendor, you will be photographed as part of the fingerprint process. You must pay the $41.45 fee to the vendor in a manner that is acceptable to the vendor. All electronic fingerprint appointments must be made by DPS’ vendor, Morpho Trust USA. The vendor has 90+ Texas fingerprint locations, including the Pearson VUE testing centers which administer the TDI agent/adjuster licensing examinations. See the FAST Pass form for complete instructions to obtain an electronic fingerprint appointment.
- Arrive at your scheduled appointment with your FAST Pass. After your fingerprints and photograph are taken, the technician will give you a receipt stating that you were fingerprinted. Do not throw away the receipt. You will not get a printed fingerprint card. Your fingerprints will be sent electronically to DPS and the FBI.
- Attach a copy of the fingerprint receipt to your application. A FAST Pass receipt must be attached to your application if you are required to provide fingerprints. Keep the original FAST Pass receipt for your records.
Exception to Electronic Fingerprinting:
When electronic fingerprinting is not available, the following process must be followed.
- Print and complete the Out of State Licensing Applicant-TDI, FAST Fingerprint Card Scan Authorization Form from TDI’s website located at http://www.tdi.texas.gov/forms/finagentlicense/FAST_CARD.pdf. ALL information requested on the FAST Fingerprint Card Scan Authorization Form MUST be provided. If the required information is not provided, the fingerprint card cannot be processed.
- Get fingerprinted by a criminal law enforcement agency on an original APPLICANT fingerprint card that includes Texas Department of Insurance ORI TX920540Z. ALL requested information must be provided on the fingerprint card and you and the official taking the fingerprints must sign the card. Blank cards may be obtained from TDI by calling 512-322-3503 or e-mail request to LICENSE@tdi.texas.gov. All fingerprints MUST be captured by a law enforcement agency.
- Make check for $41.45 payable to “Morpho Trust USA”.
- Mail the completed Fingerprint Card Scan Authorization Form, original fingerprint card and check to:
Morpho Trust USA
Texas Card Scan Processing
1650 Wabash Avenue, Suite D
Springfield, IL 62704
- Wait for a FAST receipt from Morpho Trust USA. The FAST receipt must be attached to the completed Application for Individual Agent License at the time it is mailed to the Texas Department of Insurance. The FAST receipt allows TDI to locate criminal history information on the individual.
Fingerprints provided for this application shall be used to check criminal history records of DPS and the FBI, in accord with applicable statutes.
TDI cannot complete processing an application until it receives a criminal history report from DPS and FBI for applicants required to provide fingerprints.
Any entity wishing to become an approved course provider must complete the Application for CE Provider Registration form, TDI Form LHL212. Submit completed form and $50 application fee as stated on the form.
An approved course provider must complete the Application for Course Certification form, TDI Form LHL213. There is no fee associated with the preregistration course certification.
Provider Name: A D Banker & Company, LLC
Course Name: Texas Navigator Certification Training
Course ID: 95981
Contact: Customer Service
Phone Number: 800-866-2468
Web Address: http://www.adbanker.com/pre-licensing.aspx#.TX.NV.0.Dallas
Email Address: ADBANKERONLINE@ADBANKER.COM
Provider Name: Texas Legal Services Center (DBA: TLSC)*
Course Name: Texas Legal Services Center Navigator Training
Course ID: 95847
Contact Person: Bruce P Bower
Phone Number: 512-637-5417
Web Address: WWW.TLSC.ORG
Email Address: BBOWER@TLSC.ORG
*TLSC only offers training to navigator entities that are registered with the department.
For more information contact (512) 322-3503.
For more information contact:
Last updated: 08/19/2014