Discount Health Care Program Operator Information
Below, please find the link to the Discount Heath Care Program Operator listings provided by the Texas Department of Insurance along with Instructions on how to apply to become a Registered Discount Health Care Program Operator and how to maintain your registration status with the department.
Forms Required to become registered as a Discount Heath Care Program Operator:
- Discount HealthCare Program Operator Registration:
Initial Registration Form - Please complete the form following the instructions provided within the form.
Attachments to Submit along with Initial Registration:
1. Biographical Certificates: Attach a separate completed Biographical Certificate for each of the individuals responsible for conducting the discount health care card program affairs including:
a Each member of the board of directors;
b Each member of the board of trusties;
c Each member of the executive committee;
d Each member of any other governing board or committee;
e The officers of the program operator; and
f Any contracted management company personnel; and
g Any person owning or having the right to acquire 10% or more of the voting securities of the program operator.
2. Surety Bond: Attach an original surety bond in the amount of $50,000 in compliance with Texas Insurance Code 562.103(f) on a form prescribed by the Department. The form is available at:http://www.tdi.texas.gov/forms/form11.html#discounthealth
3. Contracts: When applying for registration as a Discount Health Care Program Operator, attach a copy of the form of all contracts made or to be made between the program operator and any providers or provider networks regarding the provision of health care services or products to members. After the initial registration, if the form of these contracts change, the program operator must file the modified contract with the department not later than the 30th day after the change in the contract(s). The discount health care program operator may not use the modified contracts before filing them with the Texas Department of Insurance.
Mailing Address: This Registration application with fee and required attachments must be mailed to:
Texas Department of Insurance
Licensing Division, Mail Code 9999
P.O. Box 149104
Austin, TX 78714-9104
Additional Information Required to be submitted Electronically :
4. List of Marketers – Please provide a list of the marketers authorized to sell or distribute the program operator’s program under the program operator’s name, and a list of the marketing entities authorized to private label the program operator’s programs. An updated list of marketers is due on March 31st, June 30th, September 30th and December 31st of each year.
NOTE: This Form must be submitted to the Texas Department of Insurance with the
initial Registration application as well as quarterly thereafter.
Email a copy of the completed form located on TDI’s Web site named Discount Health Care Program Operator Marketers Form information to the TDI email address: TDI-DiscountHealth@tdi.texas.gov
For more information contact:
Last updated: 04/11/2013