Agent & Adjuster Licensing Office
The Agent and Adjuster Licensing Office (AAL) is responsible for the licensing, registration, certification and regulation of persons who wish to sell insurance or adjust property and casualty claims in the state of Texas. This includes, but is not limited to, insurance agents, insurance adjusters, public insurance adjusters, risk managers, life insurance counselors, reinsurance intermediaries, navigators, discount healthcare operators, title agents, escrow officers, and small employer health benefit plans. The office also regulates persons selling insurance related products from travel agencies, self-service storage facilities, retail establishments, and rental car companies. The Agent and Adjuster Licensing Office (AAL) oversees over 1.1 million online and paper transactions annually.
- Find out more about the Agent and Adjuster Licensing Office; including helpful information about licensee testing, license renewal processes, online licensing resources, and continuing education requirements.
- Insurance Agents Licensed to Conduct Business in the State of Texas
Company Licensing and Registration
- Incorporates, licenses, and registers insurance companies, and other ancillary operations for both the admitted/authorized market and the registered/non-admitted. This office performs many related functions, such as licensing premium finance companies and third party administrators, determining eligibility of surplus lines carriers, registering risk retention groups, accredited / trusteed reinsurers and purchasing groups, and licensing life settlement providers and brokers.
- Company Licensing and Registration
- Companies Regulated by the Texas Department of Insurance
- Insurance Companies of Interest to Consumers
- Company Lookup
State Fire Marshal Licensing
- SF227 - File Update Form
- Regulates the planning, selling, installing, certifying, and servicing of fire extinguisher, fire alarm and fire sprinkler devices and systems.
For more information contact:
Last updated: 09/28/2015