Texas State Fire Marshal's Office and the Texas Forensic Science Commission
The Texas State Fire Marshal's Office is collaborating with the Texas Forensic Science Commission (FSC) to improve fire investigations in the state. Based on recommendations from the 2011 FSC Annual Report (Read all annual reports here). the SFMO has assembled the Science Advisory Workgroup (SAW) to review previous arson cases and to provide feedback and expertise on current cases. The cases under review by the SAW are limited to SFMO-internal cases and cases submitted by the Innocence Project of Texas. The SAW will meet with SFMO investigators at quarterly Fire Investigation Forums.
The Science Advisory Workgroup includes:
- Dr. David Icove, Electrical and Fire Protection Engineer
- Dr. Nizam Peerwani, Forensic Pathologist
- John Lentini, Chemist
- Kathy Crouch, Attorney
- Mark Goodson, Electrical and Mechanical Engineer
- Tommy Sing, Private Fire Investigator
- Eric Evers and Ryan McCormick, ATF
- Kenny Wilson, Azle Fire Investigator
- Gary McDonald, Dallas County District Attorney’s Office
- Dr. Elizabeth Buc, President, Fire and Materials Research Laboratory, LLC
The SAW meets quarterly at the Texas Fire Investigation Forum and Science Advisory Workgroup Meeting. Please see our conference page for a list of upcoming and past meetings.
For more information contact:
Last updated: 01/10/2017