Educational Resources for Local Fire Marshals
The following educational resources can be used to prepare material for public presentations, city council meetings, county commissioners meetings, school board meetings, etc.
- The summer barbecue and grilling season is in full swing, with football season tailgate parties taking up where summer leaves off. With much of the state still suffering from drought, it's more important that ever to practice grilling safety, even in a parking lot. We have prepared artwork for a a two-sided grilling safety "yard" sign that can be cheaply reproduced and placed in strategic places at tailgate party locations. This poster can also be used in other grilling situations, like holiday grilling in public parks. Grilling safety sign, side one . Grilling safety sign, side two . This brochure gives grilling safety tips good for any season.
- In an effort to assist persons providing in-home foster care, and to assist fire inspection officials, the State Fire Marshal offers the following information related to compliance with fire alarm systems, fire sprinkler systems and fire inspection requirements: Commissioner's Bulletin No. B-0046-07 - TO ALL FOSTER CARE PROVIDERS AND FIRE INSPECTION OFFICIALS, RE: Fire Inspection of Foster Care Facilities (PDF handout).
- Sources for information about the life-saving benefits of fire sprinklers.
- Additional fire sprinkler information resources from the International Residential Code Fire Sprinkler Coalition.
- Texas Fire and Life Safety Public Educators Resources : a service of the State Fire Marshal's Office that serves as the central resource or clearinghouse for information and materials for Texas fire and life safety public educators.
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector Safety : HB2118, passed and signed into law in 2007, mandates that the State Fire Marshal's Office, Texas Department of Insurance, provide comprehensive information on the necessity and use of smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Carbon Monoxide: the Invisible Killer (Power Point Presentation).
- Questions and Answers about the Public Protection Classification (PPC) System.
- Mandatory School Fire Exit Drills Save Lives (PDF handout).
- Classroom Fire Safety (Power Point Presentation).
- Fire Safety Precautions in Public Schools (PDF handout).
- Home Fire Safety (Power Point Presentation).
- Reaching High-Risk Communities (PDF handout).
- PACE and the TCOU Ordinance : A case study of how the Austin Fire Department was given authority to temporarily change uses to public assemblies during festivals and other mass events. (Power Point Presentation).
- Texas Emergency Services Retirement System
- Use of Technology to Advance Public Education (Power Point Presentation).
For more information, contact:
Last updated: 10/28/2015