Coastal Outreach and Assistance Services Team (COAST) Resource Page
House Bill 3 -- passed in 2011 during the first called session of the 82nd Legislature -- changed the claims process for insurance policies issued by the Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA).
The law also made changes to the way TWIA operates and is regulated by the state, and created the Coastal Outreach and Assistance Services Team (COAST). COAST provides information and educational programs to assist TWIA policyholders with the claims process. TDI launched COAST in June 2012. Read our COAST program publication.
For more information about the TWIA claims process, visit our resource page.
If you need information, have a complaint, or can’t locate your agent or company, call the COAST program Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
All English and Spanish PDFs.
- Fact Sheet: Dispute a TWIA Claim Settlement
- Fact Sheet: The TWIA Claims Process
- Fact Sheet: TWIA Alternative Eligibility Program
- Texas Coastal Outreach and Assistance Services Team (COAST)
- Disaster Insurance Tip Card (PDF)
- Storm Warnings
- Helping You With Your Insurance Complaint
- Windstorm Insurance Inspections
- Homeowners Insurance Sample Rate Comparisons
- Homeowners Insurance
- Handling Water-Damage and Mold Claims
- Home Inventory Checklist (PDF)
For more information contact:
Last updated: 12/03/2013