Skip to Top Main Navigation Skip to Content Area Skip to Footer
Topics:   A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z All

Full-time home office salaried employee

Manage your license


Use our online form.
We will respond within two business days.

Update contact information

Print license

There is no licensing document for the home office salaried employee license.

Continuing education credits

  • To keep your license in good standing, you must take 24 hours of continuing education every two years. (If you don’t live in Texas, you are not required to take continuing education courses through the state of Texas.)
    • Two hours must be in ethics / consumer protection.
    • 12 hours must be in a classroom.
  • There’s a $50 fine for every hour not completed on time, up to a maximum of $500 per license. You won't be able to renew your license until your continuing education is complete, and you've paid any fines. (There is no cap on fines for licenses that expired before June 1, 2018.)
  • Create an account on the Sircon website to:
    • Find courses and providers.
    • View your transcript.
    • Ask for an exemption or extension.
  • You may not need to complete continuing education if you have been licensed in Texas for at least 20 years. To apply, go to Sircon and click on "Request CE Exemption."
  • More information:

License renewal

You can't renew a home office salaried employee license.

Cancel license

To cancel your license, send a letter with your: (1) name, (2) license number, and (3) signature.

Send the letter by email to or by mail:

Texas Department of Insurance
Agent and Adjuster Licensing Office, MC 107-1A
PO Box 149104
Austin, TX  78714-9104

You also can sign and return the postcard you may have received about a continuing education deficiency.

Letter of certification

You can ask for a letter of certification (proof you have a license in Texas) online or by paper form.

Still have a question? Use our online form.

Last updated: 6/19/2018