Skip to Top Main Navigation Skip to Content Area Skip to Footer
Topics:   A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z All

General lines - property and casualty

Manage your license


Use our online form.
We will respond within two business days.

Update contact information

Print license

You can print your license by going to the ProducerEdge website. There is no charge to create an account or print a license. Don’t remember your license number? Use our Search and Renewal page to find it.

Continuing education credits

  • To keep your license in good standing, you must take 24 hours of continuing education every two years. (If you don’t live in Texas, you are not required to take continuing education courses through the state of Texas.)
    • Two hours must be in ethics / consumer protection.
    • 12 hours must be in a classroom.
  • There’s a $50 fine for every hour not completed on time, up to a maximum of $500 per license. You won't be able to renew your license until your continuing education is complete, and you've paid any fines.
  • Create an account on the Sircon website to:
    • Find courses and providers.
    • View your transcript.
    • Ask for an exemption or extension.
  • You may not need to complete continuing education if you have been licensed in Texas for at least 20 years. To apply, go to Sircon and click on "Request CE Exemption."
  • More information:

License renewal

  • To ensure there is no delay in renewing a license, complete continuing education hours at least 30 days before your license expires. This will allow time for the continuing education provider to report the successful completion of the course to us.
  • You will get a postcard if you need to take any continuing education courses before renewing your license.
  • You can renew online or by paper form.
    • Renew online: Use Sircon (Vertafore)National Insurance Producer Registry, or You can pay the renewal fee by credit card.
    • Renew by paper form: Use the renewal notice that will be mailed to you. You should get the notice 90 days before your license expires. If you need a copy of your renewal notice, email or call 512-676-6500. You have the option to pay your renewal application fee by check or money order by mail to the address listed on the renewal notice.
  • The renewal application fee is $50 (non-refundable).
  • The late fee is $25.

Cancel license

To cancel your license, send a letter with your: (1) name, (2) license number, and (3) signature.

Send the letter by email to or by mail:

Texas Department of Insurance
Agent and Adjuster Licensing Office, MC 107-1A
PO Box 149104
Austin, TX  78714-9104

You also can sign and return the postcard you may have received about a continuing education deficiency.

Letter of certification

You can ask for a letter of certification (proof you have a license in Texas) online or by paper form.

Still have a question? Use our online form.

Last updated: 6/14/2018