Skip to Top Main Navigation Skip to Content Area Skip to Footer
Topics:   A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z All

Adjuster: designated home state - all lines

Manage your license

Update contact information

Print license

You can print your license by going to the Sircon (Vertafore) website.

Continuing education credits

  • To keep your license in good standing, you must take 24 hours of continuing education every 2-year reporting period. (If you don’t live in Texas, you are not required to take continuing education courses through the state of Texas.)
    • Two of the 24 hours must be in ethics / consumer protection.
    • Half of the 24 hours must be classroom or classroom equivalent. The other half can be self-study.
    • Learn more about the types of continuing education courses, credits, and requirements: Rules for continuing education courses and credits.
  • The fine for not getting continuing education credits by the due date is $50 for every credit hour not completed within the reporting period.
  • You can ask to not take (be exempt from) continuing education courses if: (1) you have been licensed in Texas for at least 20 years, and (2) you had no gaps in licensure greater than 90 days. To ask to not take courses (ask for an exemption), use the Sircon (Vertafore) website or fill out the Application for Continuing Education Exemption or Extension (Form FIN517).
  • Create an account on the Sircon (Vertafore) website to:
    • Find courses and providers.
    • View your transcript.
    • Ask for an exemption or extension.
  • To learn more and get FAQs and instructions, go to Pearson VUE and the TDI continuing education FAQs page.

License renewal

  • To ensure there is no delay in renewing a license, complete continuing education hours at least 30 days before your license expires. This will allow time for the continuing education provider to report the successful completion of the course to us.
  • You will get a postcard if you need to take any continuing education courses before renewing your license.
  • You can renew online or by paper form.
    • Renew online: Use You can pay the renewal fee online by credit card.
    • Renew by paper form: Use the renewal notice that will be mailed to you. You should get the notice 90 days before your license expires. If you need a copy of your renewal notice, email or call 512-676-6500. You have the option to pay your renewal application fee by check or money order by mail to the address listed on the renewal notice.
  • The renewal application fee is $50 (non-refundable).
  • The late fee is $25.

Letter of certification

You can ask for a letter of certification (proof you have a license in Texas) online or by paper form.

For more information, contact:

Last updated: 2/16/2018